Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sick puppies and wacked out cats

Great title,don't you agree? LOL.... Well as my sister stated in her blog January kinda sucks and I now agree whole heartedly. It started off okay here in the Beaver household, We sucked Doug over the Apple Ipod world, he had a good birthday work was going well, Athena got her first heartworm treatment and the WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday morning Doug took her out and watched her as she went potty and then just laid down in the yard and couldn't get back up. He called me @ work and said we had a problem, that something was wrong with her. After i wrongly accused him of not following the vet's orders in regards to keeping quiet i told him to bring her in and call the vet. Poor Doug he was so upset and worried. I called my sister Lillian to ask questions and help and she was so good to call him and then go help him take her to the emergency vet hospital. Poor Athena was bleeding from her rectum and could barely stand or move. She was kept overnight to get stablized and I took her to her regular vet monday morning where Dr.Minor kept her on fluids and watched her throughout the day.She came home Monday evening and was very glad to be home but started throwing up and had to be re-admitted tuesday overnight. She is now home and seems to be on the mend. I was sooo scared I was going to lose her that I didn't sleep sunday night or monday night. I slept in the living room with her monday night in case something happened and she needed me. When I tell people she is my third child I reallllly mean it. She is there every night when i come home from work tail wagging, and smiling for me, she gets mad if I don't tell her Hi first and will push her way in. She is just a awesome dog. We are a perfect fit together. Now on to the wacked out cats, Mr Prince is our fat fat tabby kitty, He is CRAZY!!!! He likes to play in the dog's water dish, This is fairly new for him. On Monday I cought him sticking his paw in the water dish and swishing it around, like he was testing it to go swimming. Then he took his paw out and shook it on the floor getting quite a bit of water on the floor. I really wonder if he has a brain. Tonight he was sitting on the paper towel and knife i had out to make Arienna's lunch for tommorrow. when i fussed @ him he just looked at me like "So"?? Hopefully the rest of January will be quite now that we have had some drama.

1 comment:

LilliGirl said...

Come on slacker...get on the job here!

I have an award for you over at my spot. Stop by and pick it up...Feel the peer pressure? :)